Well, it is the start of a new semester and I am very excited to dive head first into all of my classes, especially my Intro. to Entrepreneurship!
A quick introduction:
My name is Brianna Moore, I am 21 years old and a sophomore at Brigham Young University of Idaho, I am working towards obtaining my Bachelors in Business Management. I am living my dream as a dog groomer and have been for the last 3 years. I LOVE my job and truly believe I have found my calling in life. I want to go on to open my own dog grooming and boarding facility.
What I have learned this week:
I've enjoyed all of the introduction activities and I am very excited to work more with my instructor and my classmates. I love meeting new people and enjoy learning all that I can from their experiences! Growing up I always knew my path would be one of entrepreneurship, but I didn't really have a word for it until high school. For a long time I was going down the path to be a vet and then fell in love with the dog grooming world.
I know that being an entrepreneur is tough and that I will be thrown many obstacles, but life is going to throw obstacles at me either way and I like a challenge! I'm looking forward to learning how to handle these obstacles or to gain some tools that will help me as these obstacles come along.
Inspiration for the week:
I watched the movie "Meet the Robinsons" yesterday for the first time in forever and as a kid I never realized that the main character, Lewis, is an entrepreneur. It was fun to watch a movie that followed the hardships of a kid trying to find his way in life and to stick to his passion of inventing. In the movie Lewis's motto is "keep moving forward" which I love! At the end of the movie it showed a quote from Walt Disney (probably my favorite entrepreneur) that had those same words of "keep moving forward." The quote is, "Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors, Because we're curious . . . and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
I look forward to the experiences I will gain from this class and can't wait to get started!
No comments:
Post a Comment